A Necessary Ingredient to Ensure Health and Taste: Garlic Powder
One ingredient that is an unmistakable part of almost every kitchen cabinet is garlic powder. Made by grounding dehydrated garlic, garlic powder is a vital ingredient for nearly Indian dish.
It is the ideal solution to the issue of always keeping fresh garlic at hand. It makes the cooking process a whole lot easier and lasts longer than raw garlic cloves.
Garlic powder doesn’t taste the same as raw garlic does. It’s milder and has a less aggressive flavour. Unlike garlic, it doesn’t overpower the flavour of the dish.
Before we dive deep into the benefits and uses of garlic, there are some pretty interesting unknown and fun facts about garlic that you probably didn’t know:
- A person consumes 2 pounds of garlic in his/her lifetime. That’s 300 garlic cloves per person every year!
- The word ‘garlic’ is a combination of two Anglo-Saxon words. ‘Gar’, which means spear and ‘Lac’, which means plant.
- Garlic can be used to make glue!
- April 19th is known as National Garlic Day
- Garlic originated in Serbia and spread to other parts of the world 5000 years ago
Garlic has been an essential part of our lives for centuries. Both as an ingredient as well as a cure for various diseases. No wonder it is so popular even today. Let’s delve into a few such health benefits.
Here are a few health benefits of garlic:
- It is useful in treating chest infections, fungal infections and digestive problems.
- Garlic helps to keep blood glucose levels in check as garlic extract brings the homocysteine level down.
- A vital ingredient of some naturopathic medicines and helps treat intestinal parasites and intestinal worms.
- Greatly benefits the circulatory system and heart.
- It lowers cholesterol level, thins the blood, and helps to prevent strokes, hypertension and heart illness.
- Garlic blocks tumour cells from developing. Therefore, those who consume garlic regularly are less likely to develop stomach and colon problems.
- It helps to treat mosquito bites.
- It treats various other problems such as cough, cold, headache, stomach ache and sinus infection.
- These benefits prove how having garlic every day is beneficial for our health and well-being in the long term.
Now let's get to how garlic powder adds value to your kitchen.
The Convenience of Garlic Powder
Garlic powder is easier to use in comparison to actual garlic. It saves one the hassle of peeling and chopping. Since it’s in powder form, it’s convenient to add to any dish. Also, it doesn’t leave any garlicky after smell in your hands.
A few garlic powder benefits are:
- Used as a seasoning for various meats and vegetables. It also enhances the taste of snacks like popcorn and nuts.
- It is added to dishes with low sodium content to give them more flavour.
- Garlic powder is paired with bread to create tasty snacks such as garlic bread, garlic toast, bruschetta and crostini.
- It serves as a significant ingredient in dry rubs and spice blends.
- Oil infused with powdered garlic is a great to flavour bread, vegetables and pasta.
- Can be used to add an extra dash of mild garlic flavour to the regular everyday dal.
- A lot of Indian curries use garlic powder to maintain the right balance of garlic flavour in those dishes. Garlic powder ensures that the essence of garlic does not overpower the overall taste of the dish.
- Garlic powder makes a fabulous topping for the following:
The Valley Spice Difference
Our garlic powder is made using the purest and 100% natural ingredients. It is the perfect companion to every home-cooked recipe. Every dish that you make using our garlic powder will surely be a hit with your family. It comes in a standard 100gm size, and one can also purchase it via online portals such as Amazon (Click here to buy)
Spices are the soul of every Indian dish. They are what makes a meal memorable for someone who has it for the first time. The infusion of spices into our recipes gives them a kind of flavour, which people love to eat themselves and feed others.
We’ve given you plenty of reasons to include garlic powder in your recipes going forward. Its innumerable benefits and uses along with a fantastic taste, make this spice a must-have in your kitchen cabinet.